We excel at quickies: Fallout 3, Roller Coaster tycoon 2, Ghostbusters, Infamous, some Lost Stuffs comes up, Achievements, and Punchout. All in 30 minutes. Check out the 14th Podcast!
I tend to err on the side of caution when nothing is cited in a article but we’ll report this anyways. Kotaku is saying that Gamestop is saying That I’m saying what we’re saying is the 80 Gig PS3 will be bundled with Final Fantasy VII at the $399.99 price at your local Gamestop’s. It’s Part of a One-off promotion. Thing is, nowhere on Gamestop’s website is this listed nor, is it listed on Sony’s PS3 site. Futhermore for a promotion starting June 2nd, that’s awfully LATE to announce this as Kotaku puts it “This is a one time only pack-in by stores offer to boost sales” on the PS3 80GB units”.
Lucas Arts put up a Summary of Lego Indiana Jones 2 on their site. They’re saying Fall 2009 Release and coming on all platforms,Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 system, PSP® system, Windows, Wii™ and Nintendo DS™.
We didnt like the game all that much. We found the puzzles a little..how do you say..not fun? But i’m sure it will be fun.
Here’s the list
* For the first time ever in a LEGO game, Build Your Own Adventure Mode allows you to create your own levels and environments and share them with your friends.
* For the ultimate and most authentic LEGO experience, you can create your own levels and combine them with the existing ones in the game.
* Play all new Kingdom of the Crystal Skull characters such as Mutt Williams on his motorcycle and use special abilities, including Oxley’s Crystal Skull Power.
* Innovative re-tellings of the classic movies (Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull) with all new objectives and brand new levels. For example, this time you can play through the exciting vehicle chase in Shanghai with Short Round.
* Beat each level in Story mode and return in Free Play for a completely new adventure.
* Indy has all new animations, such as grabbing an enemy with his whip then throwing him over his shoulder.
* Jump into all new vehicles to help Indy get through all the new levels including planes, boats and mine carts — but watch out for the quicksand!
* Use Indy’s newly enhanced whip to interact with Lego objects and help unlock iconic puzzles and battle with enemies.
* Use a variety of weapons from the environment to fight enemies (e.g., chairs, guns, swords, bottles).
* Collect artifacts through the game to unlock more than 60 playable characters, including villains and supporting characters (Marion Ravenwood, Mutt Williams, Short Round, Rene Belloq, Willie Scott, Marcus Brody, Dr. Henry Jones Sr. and Irina Spalko).
* Character swapping and free-play abilities
* Two-player drop-in, drop-out cooperative gameplay encourages parents to share the legacy of Indiana Jones with their children in a fun and humorous way.
This was the Followup to the wonder RTS, if you want to call it that, game Rollercoaster Tycoon. Developer by the mysterious Chris Sawyer who we’ve heard virtually nothing from after this game. Made your millions and left? Good one. Cheers to you man!
Good – MAX graphics setting is 1400×900 so you can play it on today’s computer monitors, full screen (22’s). RC1 is in window’d mode now. More rides were added in each section. Gentle, Rollercoaster, Water and Exciting. The addition to the variety of Food Stands was awesome for the scenarios where you have to survive on that as your income. ATM’s come in handy. (Be sure to place one near the exit!). Instead of unlocking scenarios you start with all of them at the outset. The addition of the Six Flags parks are AWESOME and to have the rides from the parks was a awesome idea! The design your own Rollercoaster feature is there and really upgraded when it comes to the carts and track laying possibilities (should you have the money). I could go on for-forever. Any RTS fan should own this game now.
Bad – When your parks get 2,000 plus people it gets hard to manage. Your mechanic’s are still as annoying as ever. You can still map the area’s they monitor over though. Trouble is the rides seem to break down faster than before. This is a challenge to overcome. you’ll have to replace them after 2 years. The First aid stand was a good addition but it’s poorly used by the AI. I’ve placed it everywhere and there’s nary a decrease in puke.
Ugly – It’s an isometric view, if that bothers you. Doesn’t for me. But i’ve gamed so long like that it’s like 2nd nature. It’s also on a very old game engine that also Designed Will Wright’s Sim City 2000 and Chris Sawyer’s previous game Transport Tycoon.
There’s a trailer out today from the folks over at Bioware for Mass Effect 2 over on Game Trailers. Man how did I even pull that sentence off! It’s looking like this really getting finish is going to be our Christmas games, err “Holiday Season”,can I get a high five? So, is sheppard really dead? Like game trailers puts I can see him “switching” sides and becoming Geth but really a Clone while sheppard is held captive only to break free in the last half of the game and booyah. Win.
So…In the 5 minutes I’ve spent writing this write up, a video now appears on YouTube. Hilarious. Enjoy!
I came across a Multiplayer CO-OP video of the new Madden 10. I cant lie, the graphics look really good in this video. It’s really evident the game has evolved over the past 10 years. I will say that it looks cool that they are saying they have added a new co-op. Maybe I missed it and it’s “on-line” CO-OP but hasen’t that been in the game for a long time now? I really seem to remember doing this with a friend in college on my little 22 inch tube tv and just saying what the heck. I may be trippin’ on this y’all.
Bethesda, one of our favorite Game Developers, Makers of the Obvilion and Fallout 3 franchise have announced a new IP called “Brink”. There is a trailer on their site. Some future looking city scape, ala Mass Effect, an amazingly well detailed Eye that pans out to the side of a face. Hmm.So, we’ve got Obvilion a Fantasy Midieval RPG, Fallout 3 a post apoloyptic RPG, next up..Space RPG? There is Mass Effect as I already mentioned but…Your guess is as good as mine. We present: Brink the game!
So our wonderkid Mr Rivera hasen’t been to the Alien Crash Site in fallout 3 yet. So i’m going to be nice and post it here! It’s west of the greener pastures disposal site and north of the MDPL Power Station. If you havent been to the green pastures disposal site to pick up the bobblehead – Agility. Do it. There’s no way to tell yet if this is part of the 5th DLC Mothership Zeta, but it’s possible! Bethesda alludes to it otherwise “In Mothership Zeta the aliens have returned and they are pissed. The mothership answers the distress call sent out by the alien ship at the Alien Crash Site and abducts the player, making the whole DLC take place on board of the alien ship”. I’m sure they’ll just work it into the story. Oh and fyi Point Lookout is the 4th dlc. Here’s a sweet picture of what looks to be some wetlands country!?
Here’s a picture for the location.
A random person posted a quite hilarious review of some Target Dinner Ware. A review that only lost fans can appreciate. I wont spoil anything but go check out the review section by a character from lost on target’s website for Coleman Enamel Ware 24 piece Dining kit. Pretty funny stuff.
Blizzard put up their next installment of druid forms. From blizzard
“We continue our look at the new druid art with our second installment, night elf bear form. Here’s a peek at the current look of bear form along with the five new textures. As a reminder, night elves will be able to change which look they use by switching hair color in the barber shop. ”
Below you will find the patch notes for the next minor content patch. As we do not intend to release this patch on the public test realms, we thought we’d share the notes with you ahead of time. Please be aware that these changes are subject to revision until the patch is officially released.
World of Warcraft Client Patch 3.1.3
The latest patch notes can always be found at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/
The latest test realm patch notes can always be found at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/test-realm-patchnotes.html
Death Knight (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
* Frost Presence: Armor bonus is now 60% down from 80%.
Druid (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
* Improved Barkskin: This talent now also grants 80/160% additional armor while in Travel Form or not shapeshifted.
* Improved Tree of Life: The armor bonus to Tree of Life Form from this talent has been reduced to 67/133/200% bonus armor.
Hunter (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
* Hunter’s Mark: The ranged attack power bonus from this ability has been increased from 300 to 500.
* Master Marksman: This talent now also decreases the cost of Aimed Shot and Chimera Shot by 5/10/15/20/25%.
Paladin (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
* Eye For An Eye: This talent now deals 5/10% of the critical strike damage taken by the paladin back at the attacker.
* Hand of Freedom: The base duration of this buff has been reduced from 10 seconds to 6 seconds.
Rogue (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
* Overkill: Talent redesigned. Now increases energy regeneration by 30% while stealthed, and for 20 seconds after breaking stealth.
Warlock (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
* Chaos Bolt: This spell no longer ignores damage reduction effects of the target.
Warrior (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
* Blood Frenzy: This talent now provides 5/10% haste instead of 3/6%.
* Bloodthirst: Cooldown reduced from 5 seconds to 4 seconds, and rage cost reduced from 30 rage to 20 rage.
* Juggernaut: This talent now also increases the cooldown on Charge by 5 seconds.
* Death Knight PvP Gauntlets: The chance to refresh a Frost Rune when casting Chains of Ice has been removed. When equipped, these gloves now generate 5 additional runic power whenever Chains of Ice is used.
Raids & Dungeons
Ulduar – Mimiron
* The flight time of Rocket Strikes has been increased, and Rocket Strikes will try to prefer players at range.
* The Leviathan Mk II component of the V-07-TR-0N will become stunned during Phase 4 when the VX-001 component begins to cast the P3Wx2 Laser Barrage ability.
* Proximity mines now deal less damage and have a lower duration. A small arming time has also been added so proximity mines will not immediately detonate on creation.
* Druid Tier 8 Balance Set: The 4-piece bonus no longer has its effect consumed by Starfire casts in progress when it triggers. The chance for the effect to be triggered has been reduced down to 8%, as it was originally inflated to compensate.
* Ice Layered Barrier: Upgraded to item level 232. In addition, the stats in the tooltip have been correctly adjusted to 78 spell power, 48 haste rating, 16 mana per 5 seconds, 52 Intellect, and 50 Stamina.
* Pulsing Spellshield: The stats listed in the tooltip for this item were incorrect and have been adjusted. This item provides 69 spell power, 34 haste rating, 42 critical strike rating, 45 intellect, and 45 stamina.
Remember the BIG scene in Ferris Bueller’s day off. Where Cameron kicks the most amazing car ever and it crashes through the glass? You dont? Ok. We’re a little old but this movie is on repeat 24/7 all the time. You HAVE to have seen it. Well. That house my friends is for sale.
Coming this fall, the 2nd piece of exclusive(timed?) xbox360 content for GTAIV. In this episode you fill the shoes of Luis Lopez, another secondary character in the GTAIV universe, and another guy tied to the big diamond heist in the main game. The other guy being Johnny Klebitz of “The Lost And Damned” fame. I’m sure you’ll get to do all the cool gangster stuff that we’re accustomed to in a GTA game, the main thing being that you work for Anthony “Gay Tony” Prince, hence the title. Here’s a quick description from the kotaku post, “According to the official announcement, “players will struggle with the competing loyalties of family and friends, and with the uncertainty about who is real and who is fake in a world in which everyone has a price.”….yup, sounds like GTA, can’t wait to play this.
From Blizzard’s World of Warcraft website
“In our next major content patch, druids will find a host of new textures for two major forms, cat and bear. There will be five different designs for each of these forms for the Horde and Alliance. Night elves can choose to change their cat and bear look at any time by visiting the barber shop and changing their character’s hair color, while tauren will be able to change which look they use by switching skin tones in the barber shop — a new feature for tauren in the next major content patch. Given that there are more hair colors and skin tones than unique form looks, some colors and tones will overlap with these new textures. The hair and skin colors chosen will, in most cases, correspond with the color seen in the look of each form. Some similar colors that may share a particular cat texture will not necessarily share the same bear texture.
We’d like to share with you this new art for each form and faction in four installments. So without further ado, our first preview is for the five new textures of the tauren druid bear form. We’ll also show the current form design so you can easily see the extra detail and textures of the new art. Work continues on new looks for the remaining druid forms and we hope to add them in future content patches. ”
“The fallen ones are a unique breed of true demonic origin, one of the few that I’ve been able to conclusively verify through sources other than the ancient Vizjerei tomes in my possession. (How I came by said tomes will, of necessity, remain my secret.)
As my readers are well aware, early Vizjerei writings are often little more than self-serving propaganda aimed at whitewashing heinous deeds committed by the mage clan. For instance, we now know that the goatmen were unwitting human victims of an ancient Vizjerei power struggle (see entry 009 for more detailed information on the khazra’s tragic history), whereas the ancient Vizjerei texts would have us believe that they were actually demons – lieutenants of Baal, no less!
Through diligent cross-referencing with other manuscripts in my vast library, however, I have ascertained that the Vizjerei depiction of the creatures known as the fallen ones is factually correct.”
So yeah, gametrailers came through with the full trailer for Modern Warfare 2….The continuation of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (durr), looks like the devs, Infinity Ward, are dropping the Call of Duty name. Why, who knows, maybe cuz IW wants to keep their war games in the modern world now, and their publisher, Activision, doesn’t mind going down the WWII road over and over again, even with different devs. Don’t get me wrong, Call of Duty:World At War is pretty tight, but I guess consumers might get confused, this way they know MW is, well, modern….and COD probably stays WWII, but I could be wrong…either way, enjoy the new trailer, whichs looks slick as ever with new snow environments and an even bigger scope in cinematic action than before. Coming 11-10-09.
Any 80’s goth and industrial fans that also play games (are any of you still left?) should be happy. The placement of the zombies although awesome, because she’s not there is awesome and SO is tell her no, the mega ultramassive song, one that really defines the drug culture of the 60’s along with All along the Watchtower, time of the season, is not there. I’d gladly swap out Tell her No for Time of the Season. but that’s just me. *edit the boss reminded me of the fact that there is little guitar in time of the season and I agree it would be mega boring to play*.
Ministry “Cuz U R Next”
Ministry “The Great Satan”
The Zombies “She’s Not There”
The Zombies “Tell Her No”
The Cranberries “Linger”
(All tracks are original master recordings)
The Ministry tracks will be available for purchase as part of the “Ministry Pack 01” or as individual tracks for Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3 system. These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks only for Wii.
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
(Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360 and in-game Rock Band 2 Music Store for Wii)
Thursday, May 28, 2009
** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change **
$1.99 (160 Microsoft Points) for Xbox 360 per track
$2.00 (200 Wii Points for Wii) per track
$5.49 (440 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “Ministry Pack 01”
Lordy me, two wow posts in the same day. What is going on. Here’s the soop for 3.2 and yeah I’ll post what it says for those who dont want to click through 🙂
The upcoming major content patch, Call of the Crusade, will bring a host of new features for World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King.
* The Argent Tournament Expands: With the help of Azeroth’s heroes, the Argent Crusade will finish the Argent Coliseum just in time to call for all brave citizens to prepare for battle with the Lich King. New dailies, rewards, and more will be available at the Argent Tournament grounds to lure adventurers into the coliseum.
* Crusaders’ Coliseum: In order to prepare for a siege on Icecrown Citadel, players will be called by the Argent Crusade to test their mettle in the Coliseum. 5-player, 10-player, and 25-player challenges await inside.
* New Battleground: Isle of Conquest, a new large-scale siege Battleground, will be open. The Horde and Alliance will battle head-to-head for control of strategic resources to lay siege to the keeps of their opponents.
* New Arena Season: Season 7 will officially start, paving the way for all-new items and challenges.