Xbox 360 Holiday 2009 Release
We spoke a little about this on the 26th podcast and I wanted to post some of the notes we had from the podcast. Not too much to add really other than we’re excited but here are the details of the Xbox only releases for the Holiday season as of today. Here goes nothing….
Halo 3 Odst
Release Date September 22nd
On 9/22 Halo 3: ODST will be released it is a new, stand-alone expansion to the Halo saga that lets players experience the events leading up to the epic story told in Halo 3 through the eyes of an entirely new character the ODST (Orbital Drop Shock Trooper), as they search for clues leading to the whereabouts of their scattered squad and the motivations behind the Covenant’s invasion of New Mombasa. The game adds a new dimension to an all-encompassing universe that gamers around the world have known and loved since the release of the first Halo game in late 2001.
New Campaign, New Hero, New Tactics
Halo 3: ODST allows players to explore dangerous new ground, search the dark, abandoned streets of New Mombasa for clues, and fight back against the Covenant invasion from multiple perspectives. Dropping in as “the rookie,” a new member of an elite squad of Orbital Drop Shock Troopers (ODST) sent into New Mombasa on a classified recon mission, you’ll be armed with specialized weaponry and upgraded technology, including silenced weapons and a VISR enhanced vision mode. Separated from your squad, you’ll have to scour the city for clues in order to learn what happened to Buck, Dare, Dutch, Mickey, and Romeo. As you collect new clues, you’ll experience the story from their perspectives, fighting through the occupied city hours earlier.
- Halo 3: ODST contains 1,750 new Xbox LIVE achievement points, as well as new weapons, technology and an invite to join the Halo: Reach beta in 2010.
- Stand-alone expansion to Halo 3 that doesn’t require ownership of the previous game to play.
- New campaign, hero and tactics from the Halo universe as players take on the role of a rookie in the Orbital Drop Shock Troopers sent into New Mombasa.
- 4-player co-op “Firefight” mode offers a whole new way to play Halo with friends both via system link and over Xbox LIVE.
- Along with all the existing Halo 3 maps, ODST contains three new multiplayer Halo 3 maps: Heretic, Longshore, and Citadel.
- New game modes such as single-player season mode which puts you through a completely personalized racing calendar includes 200+ different events, including Circuit, Oval, Drag, Drift and Timed Events.
- Something to match every car lover’s dream including more than 400 fully customizable and tunable cars from over 50 of the world¿s leading manufacturers and 100+ international tracks.
- Look and feel of a modern racing game built from the ground up using with the most advanced physics models, artificial intelligence and damage calculations.
- Gameplay assists including auto-braking, gameplay rewind and auto-tuning that cater to how each individual drives and evolves with you over time as your skills increase.
- In-game elements such as Livery Editor, Auction House and Deep Tuning Garage that along with content via Xbox LIVE, allow players to express their car passion through user-generated content.
Release Date October 29th
Grand Theft Auto IV’s second downloadable episode, The Ballad of Gay Tony injects Liberty City with an overdose of guns, glitz, and grime. As Luis Lopez, part-time hoodlum and full-time assistant to legendary nightclub impresario Tony Prince (aka “Gay Tony”), players will struggle with the competing loyalties of family and friends, and with the uncertainty about who is real and who is fake in a world in which everyone has a price.
Grand Theft Auto IV‘s The Ballad of Gay Tony will sashay into stores on October 29th as part of the Episodes from Liberty City retail disc. While hog ridin’ formed the draw of GTA IV‘s most recent DLC episode, The Lost and Damned, it appears that the sparkly nightlife and parachuting out of helicopters is what you’ll find described with enthusiasm on the back of the box.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.