I was thinking this weekend how does one exactly quit World of Warcraft. So…want to know what I came up with?
Just turn it off.
Or, better yet, read these incredible fucked up stories by people who have so many social problems that something as simple as a video game and interaction with “people” can bring out the absolute worst in them. As jon put it better “Some people are just awful and fucked up. Wow just gives it a name.”
Mr Zombie comes over for a special game night amongst the boys. We play house of the dead over kill, tecmo bowl, and monster trucks. We also discuss the ps3 price drop, used vs new games and some world of warcraft. Join us for our best podcast yet check out the 25th_podcast
Blizzard put up their next installment of druid forms. From blizzard
“We continue our look at the new druid art with our second installment, night elf bear form. Here’s a peek at the current look of bear form along with the five new textures. As a reminder, night elves will be able to change which look they use by switching hair color in the barber shop. ”
Below you will find the patch notes for the next minor content patch. As we do not intend to release this patch on the public test realms, we thought we’d share the notes with you ahead of time. Please be aware that these changes are subject to revision until the patch is officially released.
World of Warcraft Client Patch 3.1.3
The latest patch notes can always be found at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/
The latest test realm patch notes can always be found at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/test-realm-patchnotes.html
Death Knight (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
* Frost Presence: Armor bonus is now 60% down from 80%.
Druid (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
* Improved Barkskin: This talent now also grants 80/160% additional armor while in Travel Form or not shapeshifted.
* Improved Tree of Life: The armor bonus to Tree of Life Form from this talent has been reduced to 67/133/200% bonus armor.
Hunter (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
* Hunter’s Mark: The ranged attack power bonus from this ability has been increased from 300 to 500.
* Master Marksman: This talent now also decreases the cost of Aimed Shot and Chimera Shot by 5/10/15/20/25%.
Paladin (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
* Eye For An Eye: This talent now deals 5/10% of the critical strike damage taken by the paladin back at the attacker.
* Hand of Freedom: The base duration of this buff has been reduced from 10 seconds to 6 seconds.
Rogue (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
* Overkill: Talent redesigned. Now increases energy regeneration by 30% while stealthed, and for 20 seconds after breaking stealth.
Warlock (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
* Chaos Bolt: This spell no longer ignores damage reduction effects of the target.
Warrior (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
* Blood Frenzy: This talent now provides 5/10% haste instead of 3/6%.
* Bloodthirst: Cooldown reduced from 5 seconds to 4 seconds, and rage cost reduced from 30 rage to 20 rage.
* Juggernaut: This talent now also increases the cooldown on Charge by 5 seconds.
* Death Knight PvP Gauntlets: The chance to refresh a Frost Rune when casting Chains of Ice has been removed. When equipped, these gloves now generate 5 additional runic power whenever Chains of Ice is used.
Raids & Dungeons
Ulduar – Mimiron
* The flight time of Rocket Strikes has been increased, and Rocket Strikes will try to prefer players at range.
* The Leviathan Mk II component of the V-07-TR-0N will become stunned during Phase 4 when the VX-001 component begins to cast the P3Wx2 Laser Barrage ability.
* Proximity mines now deal less damage and have a lower duration. A small arming time has also been added so proximity mines will not immediately detonate on creation.
* Druid Tier 8 Balance Set: The 4-piece bonus no longer has its effect consumed by Starfire casts in progress when it triggers. The chance for the effect to be triggered has been reduced down to 8%, as it was originally inflated to compensate.
* Ice Layered Barrier: Upgraded to item level 232. In addition, the stats in the tooltip have been correctly adjusted to 78 spell power, 48 haste rating, 16 mana per 5 seconds, 52 Intellect, and 50 Stamina.
* Pulsing Spellshield: The stats listed in the tooltip for this item were incorrect and have been adjusted. This item provides 69 spell power, 34 haste rating, 42 critical strike rating, 45 intellect, and 45 stamina.
Lordy me, two wow posts in the same day. What is going on. Here’s the soop for 3.2 and yeah I’ll post what it says for those who dont want to click through 🙂
The upcoming major content patch, Call of the Crusade, will bring a host of new features for World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King.
* The Argent Tournament Expands: With the help of Azeroth’s heroes, the Argent Crusade will finish the Argent Coliseum just in time to call for all brave citizens to prepare for battle with the Lich King. New dailies, rewards, and more will be available at the Argent Tournament grounds to lure adventurers into the coliseum.
* Crusaders’ Coliseum: In order to prepare for a siege on Icecrown Citadel, players will be called by the Argent Crusade to test their mettle in the Coliseum. 5-player, 10-player, and 25-player challenges await inside.
* New Battleground: Isle of Conquest, a new large-scale siege Battleground, will be open. The Horde and Alliance will battle head-to-head for control of strategic resources to lay siege to the keeps of their opponents.
* New Arena Season: Season 7 will officially start, paving the way for all-new items and challenges.
Blizzard announced a much anticipated change (kidding). There will now be a round-trip ride from Orgimmar to Thunder Bluff. This was a pain for any Tauren who start leveling in the Mulgore area, which contains Thunder Bluff to get to any of the quests out of Orgimmar. It was easily a 10-15 minute run (felt like 15 years) and a giant pain early on. And yeah, I’d do that damn run to Org then hearth back to my inn in Mulgore and not actually get the flight path making me have to do that run all over again.Exact words from Blizzard Below.
“The Zephyr is getting set to transport players between Orgrimmar and Thunder Bluff in an upcoming patch.”
In the spirit of Hockey season ending we talk a little about sports games, our game scoring system, yes more Wii talk, and the usual lost talk! Listen to a less whiskeyfied 9th podcast!
Last night while playing the Death Knight I decided to take a break from leveling. In addition to do a few “dailies” most notably the Grizzly Hills ones (trying to get the achievement) and then headed back to Dalaran for the Cooking daily. It just so happens that as I turned in the Daily the portal to Wintergrasp was about to be opened. I got lucky and was sent an inv for a raid too! We kind of stomped the horde there really wasen’t much of a defense. I dont care if you have 75k health 10 players are going to eventually kill you when focus fired. Y’know?
So like a smart player, being 74 and all,ha ha I didn’t attempt to get into hand to hand combat. I went straight for the tank and took over the cannon. Just blasting away. It was pretty glorious. I highly suggest any non-80 character man the cannon in a tank. You’re not really relegated to the situation of having less HP than someone else and the Miss Chance being 6 levels below them. In any case we managed to win and I got a few achievements.
Feeling a tinge of luck after the match I went the battlemaster to check what the BG daily happened to be. The daily was WSG. Ugggggh. I’ve had runs of 20 losses in a row in WSG. It’s just not fun for me. It’s the bane of my existence. Whatever. Dammit. I’ll just do ONE for the Dinner Impossible achievement then afk out. Odd thing happened. We had 10 people zone in. !? A sign? I’ve been accostomed to the 10v3 situations. Another sign! We mount up and about half the team takes mid. Another sign! So a paladin and I head for the flag. We grab it and run like hell. On our way back a few horde put up a slight fight. By slight I mean a person with no chance running up on two very obviously, well wsg versed. We blew the cooldowns at the perfect time. He stunned, then I silenced. Then froze in place. We just destroyed them. As he turned in the flag and did a lol. We mount up and this time it my turn to grab the flag. Unholy presence gogo!! So In-stead of running down the tunnel towards the fighting I head out of the main room and hug the wall around the zone. Funny thing is as I left the front door, 4 horde spawn. But I’m behind them. They dont see me! ANOTHER SIGN!Flag carrier achievement INC! So continuing to hug the wall I make it back to the base without even so much as one person hitting me! DING. 2-0. I rapidly race out of the room. It’s now turned into a HK fest in mid and our flag had already been picked up. Long story short the third flag gets turned in the same as the 2nd. Winning 3-0 in WSG, for me, is one of the rarest things in game to happen to me. And I get it on my first WSG on the DK. I logged wow right then and there. No better cap to my night than that in wow. 🙂
In other news it was announced that Ryan Adams and Mandy Moore got hitched. Yes this is a gamer blog and yeah Mandy Moore child pop star blah blah blah. I love me some of that music Ryan makes. Good on him for finding someone to put up with him. Shit, I’m still surprised I got someone to!
and lastly but really the most important….We have a podcast tonight, got a few things lined up, rich has been slacking I mean..uhhh..sick. Lets hope dude is up for some game talk. I’ve got some Wario to praise!
Rich sent a link today containing the tree of controllers. Man this brought back some memories. I think we’re going to add a little discussion of controllers and how they’ve evolved this week!
In other news wowinsider posted a contest where you win 100$ to this site. http://warcraft.swagdog.com/. I’ll first go on a limb and say that this site has well means and there will totally be a audience to what they have but it wont be me. A guild t-shirt is kind of going too far into nerddom. And this coming from a guy that goes pretty far into it. Deep Space 9 anyone? Especially since the current guild design I made for mine is a beer barrell. Or is it some kind of bomb. I don’t even know. But I can say that it wont be on a shirt on this body.